|!||This article is about the TV series. For other uses, see Jupiter's Legacy (comic series).|
On June 2, 2021, it was announced that Jupiter’s Legacy will not continue as an ongoing series. But Netflix is turning Mark Millar’s Jupiter’s Legacy series into a universe spanning an anthology franchise.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Promotion
- 5 Reception
- 6 Future Projects
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External Links
- 10 References
Jupiter's Legacy follows the story of "the world's first generation of superheroes, who received their powers in the 1930s. In the present day, they're the revered elder guard, but their superpowered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents".
After nearly a century of keeping mankind safe, the world's first generation of superheroes must look to their children to continue the legacy. But tensions rise as the young superheroes, hungry to prove their worth, struggle to live up to their parents' legendary public reputations — and exacting personal standards.
- Josh Duhamel as Sheldon Sampson/The Utopian
- Ben Daniels as Walter Sampson/Brainwave
- Leslie Bibb as Grace Sampson/Lady Liberty
- Elena Kampouris as Chloe Sampson
- Andrew Horton as Brandon Sampson/Paragon
- Mike Wade as Fitz Small/The Flare
- Matt Lanter as George Hutchence/Skyfox
- Tenika Davis as Petra Small/The Flare II
- Aiza Ntibarikure as Sierra/Ectoplex
- Anna Akana as Raikou
- Kara Royster as Janna Croft/Ghostbeam
- Tyler Mane as Blackstar
- Jess Salgueiro as Jacinda/Shockwave
- Ian Quinlan as Hutch
- David Julian Hirsh as Richard Conrad/Blue Bolt
- Gracie Dzienny as Ruby Red
- Humberly González as Gabriella/Neutrino
- Meg Steedle as Jane
- Tyrone Benskin as Willie Smalls
- Morgan David Jones as Jack Frost/Popsicle
- Paul Amos as Barnabas Wolfe
On July 17, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season. The series was created by Steven S. DeKnight, who is credited as an executive producer alongside Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Dan McDermott. On September 16, 2019, it was confirmed that DeKnight exited the series as showrunner over creative differences in the midst of the production for the first season. On November 8, 2019, it was announced that Sang Kyu Kim has been named showrunner for the series. Per sources, Jupiter's Legacy cost around $200 million, reshoots and everything included.
On June 2, 2021, it was announced that Jupiter’s Legacy will not continue as an ongoing series. But Netflix is turning Mark Millar’s Jupiter’s Legacy series into a universe spanning an anthology franchise. Netflix and Millar were going in a different creative direction with the IP and the talent options/contracts soon expiring, the streamer has opted to let the high-profile cast, led by Josh Duhamel, Leslie Bibb and Ben Daniels, out of their commitments to the series.
On February 11, 2019, it was announced that Josh Duhamel, Ben Daniels, Leslie Bibb, Elena Kampouris, Andrew Horton, Mike Wade and Matt Lanter would star in the series. On April 8, 2019, it was reported that Tenika Davis had been cast in a recurring role.
On July 2, 2019, Mark Millar announced via his Twitter account that production for the series began in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, directed by Steven S. DeKnight. On January 23, 2020, Millar announced that they finished filming. The series was filmed under the working title of “Zeus”. There were many videos capture by fans. In April 2020, Mark Millar provided an update on production saying that the FX work was continuing to make good progress. On January 27, 2021, Andrew Horton posted on Instagram that they were doing reshoots for the series.
On February 3, 2021, it was announced on IGN website that Jupiter’s Legacy was in their lineup for the two-day digital event of IGN Fan Fest on February 26 and 27, 2021. The panel boasted the exclusive first interview with Mark Millar and Josh Duhamel about the series. In this exclusive conversation, the fans got new details from Millar and Duhamel on how the expansive graphic novels jumped from page to screen in Netflix’s new series. New character details, new plot details and an Easter egg from Frank Quitely, we’re delivering answers on this superhero saga that has been years in the making. At the digital event they released three exclusive sketches from the show by original comics illustrator Frank Quietly.
On Friday, March 26th at 12:00PM PT, the cast of Jupiter’s Legacy talked all about the making of, supersuits, and more at WonderCon@Home 2021.
On May 1, 2021, Josh Duhamel was interviewed for Access. He talked about his sons input on his costume and teaming up with co-star Leslie Bibb for their second project in a row. Josh Duhamel, Leslie Bibb, Matt Lanter, Ben Daniels, Elena Kampouris, Andrew Horton, Mike Wade, Tenika Davis, and Ian Quinlan were interviewed by Tara Hitchcock.
May 5, 2021, Josh Duhamel went on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to promote the series and showed a short clip of the series. Elena Kampouris, Andrew Horton, and Ian Quinlan were interviewed by Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer. Mark Millar was interviewed by Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer. Matt Lanter was interviewed by Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer. Matt Lanter and Ben Daniels were interviewed by Jeandra LeBeauf for Black Girl Nerds.
May 6, 2021, Elena Kampouris was interviewed by Molly Harmon for TheThings, Elena revealed behind the scenes secrets and talked about pvercoming her fear of heights. Josh Duhamel, Leslie Bibb, Ian Quinlan, Elena Kampouris, Andrew Horton were interviewed for Stream And Chill and talked about the series. At the same time, the streamer has ordered a live-action adaptation of Mark Millar’s “Supercrooks” to series.
The show received poor reviews from critics with a 38% critical approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 47 critic reviews, though audiences gave the show a 72% approval rating on the site.
Supercrooks (Live action)
The streamer has set a live-action adaptation of Supercrooks, which delves into the story of Millarworld’s super-villains, as the next installment of the Jupiter’s Legacy saga. While In the comics there are characters that cross over between Supercrooks and Jupiter’s Legacy, the live-action Supercrooks adaptation is in early stages, so it is unclear whether characters from the first season of Jupiter’s Legacy would migrate to it.
Supercrooks is described as a return to the world of Jupiter’s Legacy with a rag-tag gang of super-villains, con-artists, petty thieves and leg-breakers.
Supercrooks (Anime series)
- Jupiter’s Legacy is on track for a 2021 launch while the rest continue to be in the works.
- It was confirmed in a tweet by Mark Millar that Jupiter’s Legacy is 100% owned by Netflix.
- DeKnight who wrote and directed the first episode, served as showrunner.
- According to Mark Millar, both the teaser and full trailer for Jupiter's Legacy exist, and he's already seen them both, he announced on September 14, 2020.
- Jupiter’s Legacy is set to feature a TV-MA rating.
- On February 23, 2021, Netflix released the teaser to Jupiter’s Legacy to announce that the series will land on the streamer May 7, 2021.
- On April 29, 2021, there was a virtual premiere for the cast.
- - ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’: Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight Exits As Filming Of Netflix Series Continues
- - ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’: Sang Kim Joins As Showrunner Of Netflix Series Following Steven S. DeKnight Exit
- ‘Supercrooks’ Live-Action Millarworld Series Ordered By Netflix As ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ Releases Cast
- - 'Jupiter's Legacy' Series, 'Empress' Film Among Mark Millar's First Netflix Slate
- IGN Fan Fest 2021: New Virtual Event Lineup Revealed
- JOSH DUHAMEL, BEN DANIELS, LESLIE BIBB, ELENA KAMPOURIS, ANDREW HORTON, MIKE WADE AND MATT LANTER JOIN JUPITER'S LEGACY
- Anna Akana as Raikou
- Jess Salgueiro as Shockwave
- Also, per sources, Jupiter's Legacy cost around $200 MILLION
- Netflix's Jupiter's Legacy Series Begins Filming
- Millar Announcement
- Shooting Jupiter's Legacy (Zeus) in downtown
- Mark Millar Update about FX
- Andrew Instagram Post
- Netflix's Jupiter's Legacy Is 'Lord of the Rings for Superhero Fans'
- Netflix's Jupiter's Legacy Exclusive Art Showcase - IGN Fan Fest 2021
- Netflix & Mark Millar: The Cast of Jupiter’s Legacy | WonderCon@Home 2021
- Josh Duhamel’s Son Had Input On His ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ Costume
- JUPITER'S LEGACY CAST (FUN!) INTERVIEWS: on CODES to live by, SPANDEX & NEW NETFLIX SUPERHERO SERIES
- Josh Duhamel Shows Footage from His Near-Death Experience | The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Jupiter's Legacy Interview - Netflix 2021
- Mark Millar Interview - Jupiter's Legacy Netflix 2021
- Matt Lanter and Ben Daniels on Flawed Superheroes in 'Jupiter's Legacy'
- Jupiter's Legacy Actress On Overcoming Her Fear Of Heights | TheThings Interviews
- Jupiter's Legacy Interview | Josh Duhamel, Leslie Bibb, Ian Quinlan, Elena Kampouris & Andrew Horton
- JUPITER'S LEGACY: VOLUME 1
- Jupiter’s Legacy Launch
- Jupiter’s Legacy is 100% owned by Netflix
- ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’: Josh Duhamel, Leslie Bibb, Ben Daniels & Matt Lanter Among 7 Cast In Netflix Series
- Jupiter's Legacy: The First Netflix Trailer Exists, and Mark Millar Has Seen It
- Twitter Millar: I saw the teaser trailer, the main trailer
- Virtual Premiere begins ... NOOOOW
- An exciting night at the Mane house! It’s our first virtual premiere